We will be on air today with our host Evangelist, Dr. Sha'ron Westbrooks from "God's Inputs for You". The topic will be “What Happens When the Church Lost Their Purpose".
Every year more than 4000 churches close their doors compared to just over 1000 new church starts!
· There were about 4,500 new churches started between 1990 and 2014, with a twenty year average of nearly 1000 a year.
· Every year, 2.7 million church members fall into inactivity. This translates into the realization that people are leaving the church. From our research, we have found that they are leaving as hurting and wounded victims of some kind of abuse, disillusionment, or just plain neglect!
· From 1990 to 2014, the combined membership of all Protestant denominations in the USA declined by almost 5 million members (9.5 percent), while the US population increased by 24 million (11 percent).
· At the turn of the last century (1900), there was a ratio of 27 churches per 10,000 people, as compared to the close of this century (2000) where we have 11 churches per 10,000 people in America! What has happened?
· Given the declining numbers and closures of Churches as compared to new church starts, there should have been over 38,000 new churches commissioned to keep up with the population growth. · The United States now ranks third (3rd) following China and India in the number of people who are not professing Christians; in other words, the U.S. is becoming an ever-increasing "un-reached people group."
· Half of all churches in the US did not add any new members to their ranks in the last two years. · So, why do they leave-besides because of death? Why are they not coming?
Please join us every Tuesday for God's Inputs for You @ 3 PM CST, 4 PM EST, and 1 PM PST.
*For more about Evangelist, Dr. Sha'ron Westbrooks visit her on God's Inputs for You page.